The History of Catbalogan, Samar.
- Catbalogan is the Capital of Samar.
- Catbalogan was then a Municipality. but, it became a component city.
- “Tahong or mussels” are a major industry in the province.
- Samar now is the Home to a network of amazing caves., Though most of Samar Island remains off-the-radar for local tourists.
Catbalogan is the home of “Tribu Katbalaugan”., the champion during the Aliwan Festival.
- The fishing industry is part of Catbalogan’s economic activity.
- In Catbalogan, a fisherman is called “manaragat” in the local dialect.
- Thus, the festival is also a tribute to all the fishermen.
New Profile of Catbalogan.